What is spirituality?

Why wait with doing whats good? Here we can plan and keep track of activities that seem purposeful.
Piet
Site Admin

What is spirituality?

Post by Piet » 06-05-2015 21:55

What is spirituality?
We discussed the perceived lack of spirituality among ourselves and others around us. What is this 'spirituality', though, that we have been talking about? Some suggestions were being on your own; concentrating on the beauty of things around you; the exaltation of feeling/doing the same thing as another person(s); and expanding consciousness to include past and present without having actively to deal with those things (but widen the sense of the now).

The spirituality challenge
We decided to think about what spirituality means to us personally. As a challenge, we will all try to conceptualize spirituality by thinking of a way in which we can use the public space to get other people to become more spiritual. Imagine, for example, that you were to design a poster: What would that poster look like and how would it make people become more spiritual? The idea is that, by thinking of such a poster, you create your own idea about what spirituality is to you.

To sum up
Come up with our own idea about using the public space to promote your personal idea of spirituality.

Piet
Site Admin

Post by Piet » 06-05-2015 22:04

I experience spirituality when I am very receptive to stimuli, outside myself (the beauty or sadness of the world) or within myself (feelings). How to make other people receptive to stimuli? How to break the flow of daily hassle?
1. By something that grabs attention and retains it for a short while.
2. The thing that grabbed the attention needs to raise a question.
3. The question needs to have spirituality as an aswer.

Ideas:
- A mirror in which you cannot see your own reflection.
1. One sees a mirror and wants to look at oneself in it.
2. The personal reflection is missing! How can this be? Why is this?
3. The Self is unimportant; what is more important than yourself is the environment in which you are at this moment (focuses attention toward environment).

- A photo/videostream of the location at which you're already at.
1. One sees the video and looks at it.
2. A video of this place; why would someone be showing that when I'm already here to see the place? What's so special about this place?
3. Focus directed toward direct environment.

- A videostream of another place (far away?)
1. The livestream grabs attention.
2. What do I see? Where is that place? Why is this placed here?
3. There are other places in the world besides the one you're currently at. The world is larger than where you're at. Je could go somewhere else, so why are you here and not there?